Housing continuum affordable rental program
The affordable rental program provides single-family homes rentals to qualified participants in Kane County. Together with the Illinois Housing Development Authority and Kane County, Housing Continuum Affordable Rental Program currently owns thirteen single-family homes. These three, four, and five-bedroom homes are located in South Elgin, St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, and North Aurora and are available to families at affordable rents.
The program outlines specific criteria for developing affordable rental homes and the families eligible to rent them. The goal of the program is to provide rents that do not exceed 30% of a household’s income.
Applications are taken based on the availability of the rental properties and include the following criteria:
- Families must meet income guidelines of no more than 60% of Kane County median income at initial rent and no more than 80% median incomes for subsequent years.
- Families must have enough income to meet the rental amount without exceeding income to rent ratios.
- Each applicant is required to pay a $30.00 application fee at the time of application. This fee covers the cost of a background check. This fee is non-refundable.
- Families must provide the Agency with a valid photo identification and proof of social security number for all household members at the time of application.
- Families are allowed to have a maximum two pets with a $250.00 (per pet) non-refundable fee.
There is a security deposit of one month’s rent and first month’s rent due at the time of lease signing. For availability and current rents on 3,4 and 5 bedroom homes, please call (847)697-8800 ext 5914.